Thursday, June 12, 2008

The 48 hour film project

Last weekend, me and my friend Sam Martin competed in the 48 hour film project. For those of you who don't know or did know and then contracted amnesia(my condolences), you are given a genre, a prop and a line of dialogue and from that you have exactly 48 hours to make a movie in full. Sounds easy, right? Well screw you, it's hard.

We got thriller as our genre, which can be tricky to pull off, but we were not going to be intimidated. Sam was able to put together a great cast and they really shined?, shone?, whatever, they were shiny.

My favorite thing(and the most uncomfortable thing) was having Joneel Joplin screaming "Come to the Lord, sinner!" at the top of his lungs in front of my apartment. I think he converted three of my neighbors.

We screened on June 10 and we got a great response from the audience. Hopefully, we will be selected for the "Best Of" DVD, which would be a great treat.

No comments: