Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Countdown

So Halloween is almost here. I love this time of year because there is nice weather and it is the one time of year that I feel like watching crappy, scary movies. However, there are some not so crappy movies that I absolutely love to watch during the week of October 31st.
So leading up to Halloween, i am going to countdown my favorite things to watch during this time. This list is not a "Best Of", simply what I find puts me in the mood for candy-time. Let's start shall we:

Number 10:

Halloween
1978, John Carpenter


















Start off strong, that's what I say. This is such a great movie, because it is so simple. Crazy guy, Jamie Lee Curtis, and a conveniently absent police department. This movie was recently remade, but I refuse to see it. Although I wonder how a guy like Michael Myers would fare in the new world of ADT and bear mace. I'm sure he would adjust.


Number 9

The Thing
1982, John Carpenter

Let's go ahead and stick with John Carpenter. If you notice in Halloween, the young boy being babysat is watching the original "Thing From Outer Space". The best part of this movie is Kurt Russell trying to figure out who is an alien.





Love it.

No comments: